Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Dave Moore Dave Moore is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"Stephen Cowell" wrote in message t...
:
: "ehsjr" wrote in message
: news:W2ZHh.22453$tf.8859@trndny06...
: CompUser wrote:
: In article kfavu21bl2hefb9p7t17v3sn7hqj90duga@
: 4ax.com, says...
:
: Here, look at this picture...
:
:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7231750@N05/414282820/
:
:
:
: Again I say, you stupid ****:
:
: Show me where ANY other flux maker has any such warnings.
:
: Also, do you have any clue as to how old that **** is?
:
:
:
: LoL! ...so if he shows another, will you ask for a third? And age has
: to do with...what?
:
: It looks like : Cowell 1, Prong 0
:
: Nope. Cowell produced a tin of ... what?
: To prove his point, which was "Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it"
: he needs to establish:
: 1) That the tin contains (or contained) flux
: 2) That the flux is rosin flux
:
:
: Even if we can assume 1 above is true, 2 is false.
:
: We aren't stupid... your assertion is simply
: that, Argumentum ad Assertum, or whatever
: the frick it is... anyway, I got picture.
:
: What he has (or had) in the tin, is acid flux.
:
: It says "Non-Corrosive Soldering Paste" on
: the front. It says "Radio Chemicals" on the
: back. The flux is a deep brown goo... and
: by golly, it smells just like rosin flux! And
: you know the best part... it works like a
: champ!
:
:
: The "contains zinc chloride" written on the label tells
: you that. So if you use your scoring system, it is
: Cowell 0, Prong 1
:
: Sorry, a real person *always* trumps a sock, especially
: when the sock is so patently offensive.
:
: But the "scoring" isn't the key point.
: The sad thing is the possible use by Mr. Cowell, yourself,
: or others of an acid flux on electronic gear.
:
: How about 'non-corrosive' flux? I *urge* all of you to
: go to Wikipedia and read up on 'activated' fluxes...
: or FOAD, for all I care. I just like kicking around
: someone that uses "MassivePrawn" for a handle.
: I'll probably get to heaven for it, even though I'm
: an atheist.
: __
: Steve

Why don't you just tell him to Flux off and die