Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Dave Moore Dave Moore is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveProng" wrote in message ...
: On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 04:35:01 -0600, "Dave Moore"
: Gave us:
:
:
: "Stephen Cowell" wrote in message .. .
: :
: : "MassiveProng" wrote in
: : message ...
: : On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 06:33:44 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
: : Gave us:
: :
: : And why "**** up
: : a perfectly good antique " by ripping the heart and soul out of
: : it to replace each key contact set (14, is it) with SCRs... let's see,
: : 14x61x2 (great and swell)... 1708 SCRs. Ludicrous.
: :
: : You obviously have no clue as to the form factors available.
: :
: : I don't care if you put 300 of them in a package,
: : you still have to connect them. Still doesn't change
: : the requirement for 1700 some-odd devices.
: :
: : Also, if you are having your "Cadmium fingers", the ****ing thing
: : doesn't function properly to begin with.
: :
: : Actually, the circuit is so low impedance that it
: : *will* function with some shorting going on...
: : we installed the TrekII percussion kit (I'm *sure*
: : you're familiar with it) and it wouldn't trigger on
: : the top harmonic... we had to use the next one
: : down. That's when I found out about the fingers...
: : you can zap 'em with a charged up capacitor
: : if you want, we like the sound of having the top
: : harmonic there with perc. so we didn't bother.
: :
: : Simply switching to platinum contacts would solve it without the
: : switch to a low voltage design.
: :
: : Einstein, it's not the contacts that are cadmium... the
: : leaves are cadmium plate. The contacts are self-cleaning,
: : as all contacts are... but *you* knew that, right?
: :
: : If these are antiques, what's a retard like you doing opening them up
: : anyway, dip****? You have all the capability of a freshly laid turd.
: :
: : As we can see, the anal fixation is strong in this
: : one.
: : __
: : Steve
: