Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Dave Moore Dave Moore is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"RonSonic" carked:

: On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:56:52 -0600,
"Dave Moore" wrote:
:
: Damn, for almost a week I have been forgetting to
: post about my recent experience. So, since
: I finally remembered;
:
: Not long ago I started noticing that when I would
: play the guitar I was missing a lot of the strings.
: Also I was doing weird stuff like bumping into
: the edges of doorways on occasion,
: instead of gracefully passing through them.
: Sometimes when standing still, it would feel like
: my feet were sliding apart in this kinda weird
: almost spinning sensation. Sometimes numbness
: in the hands.
:
: Anyway, finally, it dawned on me that perhaps
: 30 years involved in electronics with a good
: 20 of them heavily involved in prototyping guitar
: amp designs, might have taken it's toll. So I did some
: research online and discovered that indeed my symptoms
: just might well be those of lead poisoning.

: So have you considered just getting a test done? There are real systems for
: Dx-ing and treating that sort of thing that don't involve guessing and eating
: odd weeds.

Your concern is heart warming. I'm beklept.

:
: I believe it was mercury that got the hatmakers.
:
: Are we to blame lead for some of the blithering rage, inchoate hatreds and
: shrieking, unending verbal spewage that we are subjected to around here.

So now you wanna blame lead poisoning for you and your cohorts
abuses of the good people of this newsgroup calling them traitors,
aiders and abbettors of terrorists, gutless cowards, dupes
of liberal media etc., etc., not to mention the underhanded and offensive
snide remarks about Canadians, the French, the Germans, etc., etc.

Sorry, but if MassiveProng is right, it's doubtful you'll be able to
use the side effects of lead toxicity as a scapegoat.

Although I must say, your apparent memory loss of the aformentioned
does make for a compelling case.

:
: They say it was the lead that caused house painters to become the drunks that
: they historically were. Is this refuted by the fact that so many painters are
: still drunks even though the lead is gone. Does it explain more of the drinking
: habits of some of our players around here.
:
: Get the fillings replaced with composite while you're at it. There's enough
: idiocy here already.
:
: Ron

Er, and just how will composite in my teeth cause you to leave?: