Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Stephen Cowell Stephen Cowell is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"ehsjr" wrote in message
CompUser wrote:
In article kfavu21bl2hefb9p7t17v3sn7hqj90duga@
4ax.com, says...

Here, look at this picture...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7231750@N05/414282820/

Again I say, you stupid ****:

Show me where ANY other flux maker has any such warnings.

Also, do you have any clue as to how old that **** is?

LoL! ...so if he shows another, will you ask for a third? And age has
to do with...what?

It looks like : Cowell 1, Prong 0

Nope. Cowell produced a tin of ... what?
To prove his point, which was "Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it"
he needs to establish:
1) That the tin contains (or contained) flux
2) That the flux is rosin flux

Even if we can assume 1 above is true, 2 is false.

We aren't stupid... your assertion is simply
that, Argumentum ad Assertum, or whatever
the frick it is... anyway, I got picture.

What he has (or had) in the tin, is acid flux.

It says "Non-Corrosive Soldering Paste" on
the front. It says "Radio Chemicals" on the
back. The flux is a deep brown goo... and
by golly, it smells just like rosin flux! And
you know the best part... it works like a
champ!

The "contains zinc chloride" written on the label tells
you that. So if you use your scoring system, it is
Cowell 0, Prong 1

Sorry, a real person *always* trumps a sock, especially
when the sock is so patently offensive.

But the "scoring" isn't the key point.
The sad thing is the possible use by Mr. Cowell, yourself,
or others of an acid flux on electronic gear.

How about 'non-corrosive' flux? I *urge* all of you to
go to Wikipedia and read up on 'activated' fluxes...
or FOAD, for all I care. I just like kicking around
someone that uses "MassivePrawn" for a handle.
I'll probably get to heaven for it, even though I'm
an atheist.
__
Steve
..