Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Calibration Of Electronic Equipment In The Home Workshop

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:10:09 -0600, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:24:18 -0600, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Wasn't it you that said that certs
were often just a check not necessarily turning screws?

NO! I said that when you get your gear calibrated, it is typically
ONLY a verification of a good instrument.

Pretty close to the same thing to me.

Being off cal usually means something is awry.

What you are paying for is a VERY nice standard and a comparison
check against it. Of the hundreds of calibration sessions that we
have had done IN our lab, as opposed to sending the gear out, it was
done without them ever opening a single instrument.

IOW you didn't turn any screws, you just checked it.

That is 99.999% of the time ALL they do.

That would be worldwide practice.