Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:32:15 +1300, Barry Lennox
Gave us:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 19:06:47 -0500, RonSonic
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 07:15:35 +1300, Barry Lennox
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:37:55 -0000, "N Cook"
wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Dave Moore" wrote in message
Damn, for almost a week I have been forgetting to

snip

The modern version is phthalate poisoning from leaching out of plastic
packaging and bottles. I have an industrial chemist friend in the food
industry , seriously concerned about this. I am coming to agree with him.
When I was young you never saw youngsters with bottles (glass or plastic)
hanging out of their mouths all the time. Anyone would think the function of
these ubiquitous bottles of water was psychological, like baby's dummies.

The water bottle syndrome is a fascinating one, and I'm certain it's
an affectation or posing thing---- "Look at me, I'm sooooo healthy"

It's mainly younger folk, but they seem utterly unable to move about
the workplace without dragging along their water bottle. I did a
little private survey a while ago, and did observe some correlation
between those who habitually carry water bottles and poorer
performance. No, it was not very scientific and it was a sample of
about 25, but it was far from true that "constant rehydration" equals
a sharper mind, as is often espoused.

Years ago Col. Cooper, a writer, teacher and former marine was driving into town
and noticed a young woman waiting to cross the street standing with her arms
crossed with a cell phone in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. He
riffed amusingly on what sort of perilous and adventurous life she must lead
that she should need to have water in hand at all times. What exotic sphere of
life did she occupy that she should need to be ready to communicate across great
distances at a moments notice. One might wonder.

I suspect a parallel universe link to the Sahara Desert

Incidentally, I suggested that to one of the worst "water bottle
carriers" where I once worked. She looked at me like I was quite mad.

Maybe the bottle was nitro, and the phone was her IED trigger.