Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

On Mar 8, 6:23 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Just Wondering" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

He's not said anything about the rate of change of CO2 concentration. The
2% figure means that if all COT emissions from human technology stopped,
the CO2 concentration would, all other things being equal, eventually
stabilize at 98% of its present concentration.

Correct. Not a continued 2% decrease per year, 2% of the total today and
the total every day after.

Huh? I don;t see how that statement agrees with Mr
Wondering;s statement that the concentration would
eventually stabilize at 98% of its present concentration
(372 ppm).

Do I have it right he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...e=source&hl=en

There are some estimates that CO2 from human deforestation [1]
is nearly as high as from fossil fuel use. If that is true, or
close, the rate of rise could be reversed (in the short term)
just by ending deforestation and through reforestation even if we
went on burning fossil fuels at the present rate. In the long run
we'd also have to stop ****ing up the ocean.

[1] (I'm not clear if that is just from the burning part of slash and
burn or if it also includes the difference in rate of uptake between
a rain forest and a pasture littered with termite mounds and farting
cattle)

--

FF