Posted to alt.home.repair
HomeDecoy HomeDecoy is offline

Default Glass Tabletop

On Mar 8, 11:36 am, Goedjn wrote:
Well... the real reality is that glass is a dumb-ass thing to
make a table out of, but I'll admit it looks cool.

My parents had a glass top kitchen table and it's been replaced at
least twice that I know of. My mom shattered it once by accidently
putting a very hot pan on it and a TINY shard that wasn't found during
clean up found its way into my dads foot. (He survived haha) Another
time my mom dropped something (a heavy pot I believe) and it shattered
again. My brother almost fell on it while replacing a light bulb (he's
an electrician even) and if he had fallen, would have caused damage to
him for sure.
My half a cent: I never liked the glass top and personally wouldn't
get a kitchen/dining table that had it as the top. Even if my family
never came over to put themselves in danger, I just don't like them.
It just takes one wrong move to destroy them and I'd rather have a
wood top that will dent instead of shatter.