Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Will draining a hot water heater tank preserve its life?

wrote in message
ups.com...
When I bought the tankless it was summer. It was more than adequate to
heat the water to the temperature to what I like. I live in Albany,
NY. When the winter came the incoming water was much colder. It was
not adequate to give me a hot bath. There was certainly an adequate
amount.

A little trick I use to get hotter water is to reduce the flow rate. Water
can only heat so fast so if you can reduce the volume that is heated then
the temp will go up.

--
Roger Shoaf