Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default respirator confusion!

wrote:
: I use this respirator for everything I do, climbing in the attic,
: brushing floor polyurethane, etc, obviously is not correct. Even
: though, it blocked the smell of solvent all the time.

:

: I know polyurethane has isocyanates which is bad stuff and you need an
: expensive setup to protect from it, does risk still exist if you brush
: it?

: I recently got a spray gun and I was planning to finish a mantel trim
: kit with polyurethane.. I probably will be spraying laquer, enamel
: etc for certain projects. I think it's time to educate myself better
: and get a proper mask / respirator for paint.

: Can someone tell me what kind of respirator should I get in what
: situation? When do I use P100 and when do I use organic vapor etc
: etc?

Look in the Yellow Pages for a safety supply store. They'll
sell what you need and have the expertise to tell you
exactly what the gear does, and how to properly fit it.

-- Andy Barss