Posted to alt.home.repair
dlzc dlzc is offline

Default Ozone Generators - Anyone with experience?

Dear John Gilmer:

You might be better off to hire a remediation firm to do
this. At least get quotes, so you know how much coin
is involved, and how much time will have to be worth.

I used to deal with Pacific Ozone Technology for small ozone
generators. Should you be interested, you could:
* get a compressed air cylinder with regulator (welding gas suppliers
have these, need "instrument grade" air).
* get a GA10 ozone generator (about US $4000 this year).
www.pacificozone.com
(You can ask for Stuart Smith, no relation to myself.)
* duct the ozone produced from the "back yard" through a crack in a
partially open door or window to the intake of the unit's A/C via
teflon tubing (Ryan Herco or equivalent will sell you 50 feet for not
too much money).
* apply a simple timer to the power cord of the unit.

Benefits of this assemblage include:
- should any timer fail, the limited gas supply will prevent
overdosing. (The GA10, I *think*, shuts down on low gas flow.)
- since oil-free, dry air is supplied, the unit will not have to be
internally cleaned.
- since ozone is made in air, the net flammability of the rental unit
is not increased during processing.

I think you'll find that remediators really do earn their keep.

David A. Smith