Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Calibration Of Electronic Equipment In The Home Workshop

"Anthony Fremont" wrote in
:

MassiveProng wrote:
On 8 Mar 2007 01:02:52 -0800, "David L. Jones"
Gave us:

At this price and accuracy level it is almost certain that every
unit would be automatically factory tested to be in-spec, so the
NIST cert is worth the paper it's written on. You can bet the farm
that Anthony's new meter meets the published specs.

Idiot! His meter is NOT certified. Learn to read.

It comes with specs, they always apply. Wasn't it you that said that
certs were often just a check not necessarily turning screws? If the
meter said Agilent or Fluke on it, would you even be mentioning this?
How come you didn't say anything about the RMS convertor behaving the
way I described? I thought you were knowledgeable on this stuff.

Cal Certificates just state the instrument was calibrated using known
standards traceable to NIST,the date the work was done,temp and humidity
conditions,and the recommended cal interval.They may list the standards
used and their expiration dates.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik