Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Which TIG should I buy?

In article , Jim Stewart
wrote:

Jeff Dantzler wrote:

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

The Thermal Arc Prowave 185TSW is an inverter, so it only draws up to
30 amps , rather than the 50 - 60 amps for the Miller Syncrowave 180 or
Lincoln Squarewave 175.
It is smaller, lighter and gives you variable output frequency for
aluminum TIG.
It also has pulser,sloper, sequencer built in.
It comes complete just like the Syncrowave 180 and the Squareweave 175.
Just add a bottle of gas and weld.
So for about the same price as a Syncrowave 180 you get a much better
machine.
So right now, the Thermal arc Prowave 185TSW gets my vote for best deal
in the business for a small AC/DC TIG.

& from another post:

Thermal Arc's 185TSW is made in Japan by Sanrex

You seem quite keen on this welder, Ernie.

Do you have any comments as to the quality and durability of this
machine?

How about the kit that comes with it?

I've been looking hard at the maxstar 150sth, but wouldn't mind AC
as I will probably _eventually_ want to do aluminum.

The cost of a Dynasty200DX is hard to justify at this point, but the
Thermal Arc is cheap enough to warrant serious consideration.

What does the Thermal Arc cost?

About $1700 complete.
Just add a bottle of gas and some filler rod.