Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Repair of portable DVD player Goodmans G-DVD 67LCD ser.No. G-1723910698

Arfa Daily wrote:

If you know the name "Goodmans" from years ago, as a manufacturer of
quality loudspeakers, don't make the mistake of thinking that this comes
from the same stable, and is worth doing. I see a great deal of Goodmans
gear in my day to day repair life, and almost without exception, it is very
cheap Chinese or Korean stuff, badged with that name. For the most part,
spares or service info and assistance for these items, is at best very hard
to come by, and at worst, non-existent.

Arfa

Right on there Arfa. This has actually beeen discussed before ages
ago here. I have certainly noticed this resurrection of well known Hi-
Fi brands of the 1970's being slapped on Chinese or Turkish junk -
KLH, Sansui, Akai etc. Even now Grundig's name has fallen prey to
this!

Last year I saw a cheap Asda TV branded Dual, obviously no relation
to the former German Hi fi company. Also apart from Goodmans, other
old English electronics names like Wharfedale, Dansette (!), etc. ahev
been used on tacky imported electonics.

-B.