Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Miter saw accuracy, how much do you need?

Oughtsix wrote:
Fine for framing a house. Lousey for building a picture frame.

With that in mind, I'll add that my miter saw gets 95% of it's use
cutting rough hardwoods to length in the shop. The only precision cuts
I use it for are outside the shop, doing on-site finishing. All of
my cuts that count, in the shop, are done on my table saw. I don't
even keep it set up in the shop, pulling it out when I need it.

Be aware that most miter saws will still require another $75 to $150 for
a top notch blade, and possibly shop-made zero clearance inserts and
fence linings, for furniture or stain grade finish work results.