Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Default Check valve and submerged filling of CW tank

Ok - I came across another problem with the layflat hose - apparently
all piping for use in hosues has to be approved by someone or other,
and that stuff never has been.

Ben

On Mar 8, 2:32 pm, John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:35:43 -0800, Ben wrote:
I've seen layflat hosing that I think might be ideal:

http://www.pump.co.uk/shop?code=SH1-010

There is also lighter weight polythene stuff like that used on torbecs

(maybe like this:

http://www.phflexible.co.uk/acatalog...ay_Flat_Tubing....

)
, but I would guess the former would be more durable. I can stick a
plastic tube at the top end to hold it open and submerge the othe end.
The tube can then be hooked over the valve to keep it in place, while
leaving an airgap. Any thoughts? Would the tubing be ok for use on a
domestic supply?

OK if you've got some lying around, overkill to go out and buy some.- Hide quoted text -