Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
David L. Jones David L. Jones is offline

Default Calibration Of Electronic Equipment In The Home Workshop

On Mar 8, 10:57 am, MassiveProng
wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:06:35 -0600, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:45:32 -0600, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Anthony Fremont wrote:

50nA you idiot. DO THE MATH!

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't have anything to say about my
Extech/Micronta Shootout thread? I did some resistance measurements
and the Micronta is right on with way less than 1% difference.
Drifted to another plane, ha ha ha 15 years old and still within
1% on most functions. HA HA HA HA Wrong again DM.

How would you know without a reliable device to check it against,
dip****?

I'll clue you... the extech ain't it.

Bwuahahahahahaahah!

Oh really? And just how do you figure that? It's brand new and it was
available with an NIST certificate (though I didn't opt for it). I guess I
need to send it to you so you can verify it against your Protek?

I told you, dumbass, I have a calibrated HP 3478A.

The protek is ANOTHER meter I have, and I use the HP to verify it.

You don't even know when you are being made fun of!

Your NON NIST traceable and certified Extech is calibrated by an
assembler that was working enough years to end up in the production
test lab.

At this price and accuracy level it is almost certain that every unit
would be automatically factory tested to be in-spec, so the NIST cert
is worth the paper it's written on. You can bet the farm that
Anthony's new meter meets the published specs.

Dave