Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 04:22:11 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

I must say, I *rarely* work on the exterior of a 50
year old guitar amp... mostly, I'd be inside it.

Figures you'd **** up a perfectly good antique by thinking that
working on it "fixes it". Yeah... you fixed it alright. It is worth
one tenth what it would have been.

What is that yellow fuzz growing on the speaker nuts
of my '61 Gibson Falcon?

Likely cigarette tars. You're too ****ed in the head for it to be
cannabis tars.

Tasted funny, anyway...

Must not have been Cadmium then, or you would be in a world of ****,
dip****.

I hear Hammond organs are plagued by 'cadmium fingers'...
you have to zap them when they short out key contacts.

Do you know ANYTHING about reed type contacts?

Anyone with any brains would switch them out for platinum points,
and a low voltage circuit that fires SCRs or the like in place of that
****. Guess what... no more "fingers" of any kind.

Such knowledge comes from a few years of working on old style
pinball machines, and then on modern version where the voltages
presented to the contacts are low, and the currents are as well.
Pinball mean life between servicing PMLBS goes way up by a factor of
five or more.

I guess your funny tasting tongue just got its fingers zapped.

Just so you know, I never said a goddamned thing about it having
been banned that far back.

Stop adding cross posted groups, Usenet ****tard.