Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default INSPIRATIONS? A few of my recent projects

I think I like the chair the best, as I like the simple, functional design.

Thanks very much - that's my favorite so far too. It was hard to give
it away.

Be honest... how long did it take to upholster the seat? Did you buy
real leather or is it "city cow" (naugahide)?

Neither - I cheated and skipped the authenticity in favor of a cheaper
and easier modern solution. The seat is just upholstery fabric from
JoAnn's, over 2 layers of padding: 1" of open-cell foam, then a 2"
layer of "nu-foam" or something like that - non-woven, fibrous mat
stuff - kind of like the synthetic steel wool, just softer and
obviously not abrasive. I put the padding over the plywood cutout,
pulled the fabric over that, turned the sandwich upside down, and
stapled the fabric to the bottom of the seat. It's not too bad for my
first attempt, but I suspect I'll have to redo it at some point, as I
don't think I stretched the fabric tight enough. We'll see.
Thanks again,
Andy