Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default Finally finished my replacement of the galvanized pipes

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:45:30 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Deke" wrote in message
.. .
On 5 Mar 2007 10:26:49 -0800, wrote:

I would support it more often then every 32 inches, but that's just
me.

I am also curious about the double insulation??

Very simple really,

Use the 4 ft foam insulation sticks from home depot. Then wrap
that with 3 1/2 " fiberglass wall insulation in a spiral, and finally
wrap clear plastic (loosely so as not to over compress the fiberglass)
around that to hold it all together.

Water sitting in the pipe stays hot/warm for hours after a shower.

I just read on the Taco web site (they make the hot water circulating pumps)
that plain tubing loses 60 Btu per hour per foot while insulated pipe loses
30 Btu per hour per foot.

Mine doesn't