Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Glass Tabletop

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 5, 6:14 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

Should I go with the non-tempered, or should I look around for
tempered because of the safety concerns?

You must be out of your mind.

Never use nontempered glass. Cutting an artery gives you five minutes
until death.

Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

Virtually every bit of glass in your home is untempered. Windows,
drinking
utensils, picture coverings, mirrors. The only things I can think of that
MIGHT be tempered are patio doors and TV picture tubes.

You're living in a nest of hazards. Ramp up your prayers and have
tourniquets in every room. Maybe two.

Bathroom shower doors?

They would be tempered. I don't know if it is state or Federal, but all
doors must have tempered glass. Comes down to risk factors. People walk
into doors very often, hardly ever walk into or through a window. Table
tops, I'm not so sure if it is a glass covering the wood, but mine are
double thickness. A glass topped table certainly should be tempered.