Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default Calibration Of Electronic Equipment In The Home Workshop

MassiveProng wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:06:35 -0600, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:45:32 -0600, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Anthony Fremont wrote:

50nA you idiot. DO THE MATH!

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't have anything to say about my
Extech/Micronta Shootout thread? I did some resistance
measurements and the Micronta is right on with way less than 1%
difference. Drifted to another plane, ha ha ha 15 years old and
still within 1% on most functions. HA HA HA HA Wrong again DM.

How would you know without a reliable device to check it against,
dip****?

I'll clue you... the extech ain't it.

Bwuahahahahahaahah!

Oh really? And just how do you figure that? It's brand new and it
was available with an NIST certificate (though I didn't opt for it).
I guess I need to send it to you so you can verify it against your
Protek?

I told you, dumbass, I have a calibrated HP 3478A.

The protek is ANOTHER meter I have, and I use the HP to verify it.

Your NON NIST traceable and certified Extech is calibrated by an
assembler that was working enough years to end up in the production
test lab.

At least you didn't touch it.

Their prime pass yields are likely far less than 90%, and 96% is
considered poor. Yes, you'll have to look that one up.

I'll say it again...

Bwuahahahahahahaha!

Funny how it can be sent in and certified after the sale. I wonder how they
know who to send the good ones to. These meters you have at home, what do
you use them for? I mean I never see a schematic from you or hear of you
tinkering with some kind of experiment. Why is that?