Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default Need to reset lamp life warning on ASK Impression 880 projector

carneyke wrote:
IIRC : There is a switch on the motherboard. Turn unit off (unplug),
open cover and set switch (only one on mother board) to opposite
position that it is in. Put cover back on, plug in and go. Thats

Thanks. I remember seeing that switch and wondering what it was for.
I previously had the unit apart to retrofit a new lamp and ballast,
after the original ballast blew up in spectacular fashion.

Maybe if I'm lucky I can reach in through the lens hole with a diddle
stick and flip the switch, so I don't need to take the whole thing apart
again.