Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Aiwa F770 cassette from 1985

On 7 Mar, 11:24, "N Cook" wrote:

I put the deck back in the chassis to check speed and record function.
If I had not been aware of the features before that i would certainly now on
record.
It routinely uses playback at record as VU and PPM rather than direct from
source. So you set to record a signal and nothing appears on the VUs until
the tape has passed from leader to ferrite.
Nice to have big numbers etc on a proper large clear and bright cold cathode
display.

I dont know the Aiwa one, but typically on this type of deck you can
switch metering and audio output between record head and play head, so
you can run it either way.

NT