Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Cord for Cordless DeWalt tools

"Guy Berthiaume" wrote in message
I have a set of 18-volt cordless DeWalt power tools that I got about 3
years ago. Since I use them rather infrequently, I'm not getting the
lifetime out of the very expensive batteries that I would like. The
set originally had two batteries, but both have since quit working.
I have one replacement battery now, and it seems to be less able to
hold a charge as time goes on.

DeWalt apparently does not make an AC to DC converter that would be
able to power these tools with a cord. This is unfortunate because
it's a pain to have to stop work while the battery recharges. I
presume they don't offer this product because it would eat into their
very lucrative battery business... understandable.

Does anyone know if there is a third-party that makes a corded power
attachment for cordless tools?

Like Andy commented, a much stronger corded drill would be cheaper than an
18 volt adapter.