Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

On Mar 7, 3:34 pm, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

From what I have heard, 2% less CO2.

Wow! That's HUGE!

Considering that 98% would still be produced by breathing and other things
that cannot be stopped, that is teny tiny. Not 2% per year, Every year
would only be 2% less to give up life as we all know it.

Oh, damn, I should not have been so optimistic.

Here are some figures for data through 1996:

http://www.preen.org/eiagg97/chap1.html

From Table 2 (all values in Gigatonnes per year)

Naturally emitted : 150
Anthropogenic: 7.1 (That's your 2% value, right?)

Total emitted: 157

Total absorbed: 154

Net change: +3

Which is less than half of the estimate of
anthropogenic CO2 emissions.

That estimate many be low, however:

At
http://www.ucsusa.org/publications/c...n.html?print=t

It is estimated that there is an annual contribution
of 6 Gt/a of anthropogenic CO2 from deforestation
alone, and another 6.5 Gt/a from fossil fuel burning.

I don't think they include cement production which would
be another Gt/a or so. Anthropogenic sinks of CO2
which I would guess is mostly agriculture by irrigation,
are small, but not nonexistant, perhaps recovering as much
as 5% of that emitted.

The molecular weight of CO2 is about 1.86 times the
mean molecular weight of air so if anybody has a figure
handy for the mass of the Earth's atmosphere we can
do a reality check against the observed increase of
~1.5 ppm v/v per year.

--

FF