Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hondgm@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sony TV blows fuses

I have a Sony Trinitron from 1989, model KV-20TS10. The main fuse was
blown, so I put in another and plugged it in. Within a few seconds I
heard the power relay click (it turned itself on) and the fuse blew
immediately. Not enough time for audio, picture, nothing. I did a
quick check of the H.O.T. in-circuit and it didn't seem to be
shorted. The bridge rectifier appears to be fine. I'm no TV repair
expert, but it seems this one should be relatively easy, if I had a
schematic.
Are there any common problems with this set that causes this symptom?