Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Why GO BIG?

On Mar 7, 12:52 pm, "Maxprop" wrote:

SNIP

As you've made the point that that was not the case, please accept my
apology and regret for taking you to task.

Max- Hide quoted text -

Max: This kind of response shows why I like this NG, and don't
participate much in others. Only a truly class guy would make a post
like that.

On the net we don't have the advantage of looking at the person we are
speaking to so we don't get the tone, body language, or a playful or
even mad look one might have in speaking in person. The nuances of
personal, spoken conversation often give a completely different take
on same subject matter covered in writing.

I find that sometimes I will read something that ticked me off, only
to look at it later and wonder why. I write a good deal of
correspondence and reports for my company, and for me, it is easy to
see what kind of day I was having at the time I was writing by looking
at the choice of words and phrasing.

I try to be careful when I write, but also grew up in the telegram
style of business writing as did my peers. Sometimes I can be too
straight forward.

If you ever venture down south to sunny San Antonio, Texas, let me
know. I have four lathes (1 Carbatec, 2 Jet minis, and a Nova 3000)
and about 90 tools (a long story - I was sold many at a discount in
order to see if I wanted to rep the tool) to play with. Coffee and
wood blanks on me.

I certainly hope you feel welcome here and that you stay with us and
post away.
Glad you are on board.

Robert