Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Miter saw accuracy, how much do you need?

On Mar 7, 4:26 pm, " wrote:
i just bought a cheap 10" denali miter saw on amazon -- $47 delivered!
-- and, having never used a miter saw before, i'm wondering how much
accuracy i should expect from such a low priced item.

Enough to get a few jobs out of before you toss it.

iow, what kind of tolerances are acceptable? my main issue is that
when i try to set the fence square to the blade, I can only get it
square to within about 2mm. See the pix for how it looks. Is that
going to be okay?

http://www.linter.org/miter1.jpgwww....org/miter2.jpg

thanks!

Assuming the fence is straight, the bolts look off center. Return,
or bore out until you can get the fence aligned. My PC 10" had
the same problem.