Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brand Name Power Tools

"David" wrote in message
. ..
In general, which of the following brands of power tools do you think are
best and which ones are worst? I realize some brands may make some things
better than others and worse than others and that no one brand necessarily
makes everything the best.

BLACK & DECKER
BOSCH
CRAFTSMAN
DELTA
DeWALT
MAKITA
MILWAUKEE
RIDGID
RYOBI
SKIL

Depends on your use. While I won't have a B & D, Skil, or Ryobi tool, they
make sense for the homeowner that uses the tool once a year. For that
person, they may qualify as best on a cost per use basis. For a pro using
them every day, they won't hold up. Craftsman has both cheap and good tools
depending on who makes them.

Add Porter Cable to the list of good tools, Panasonic for cordless drills.
Buy from dealers that handle good tools at good prices, like
www.coastaltool.com