Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Aiwa F770 cassette from 1985

b wrote in message
ps.com...

bz ha escrito:
"N Cook" wrote in

:

picture with the odd pinch wheel housing on the left, normal one to

the
right

http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/aiwa2.jpg
or
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/aiwa.htm

What you have here is a single direction, 3 head tape deck. The
capstans should both go the same way. If not, you have a capstan belt
on incorrectly. Try it.

BTW, the protrusion on the LH pinch roller is a tape guide to ensure
the tape is fed to the pinch/capstan perfectly straight. In some
models of more elaborate decks which had both 3 heads AND
autoreverse, I'm sure i recall having seen it used as the erase head!

-Ben.

I had assumed the low-side wow, when i had the springs set wrong, was due to
one pinch wheel fighting the other. Perhaps that black plastic tape guide
was touching the spindle and breaking the whole train , then.
Both capstans in fact do rotate the same way.
Surely you can't have 2 flywheels and 2 capstans with pinchwheels engaging
the same tape, even if connected by the same rubber band.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England