Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

Leon wrote:
"Just Wondering" wrote in message

I'd like someone to answer me this. If CO2 emissions from human
technoligical activity is a cause of global warming, and if humans were
to, not merely reduce but complete eliminate all CO2 emissions from
technological activity, what would be the net global effect on humanity?

From what I have heard, 2% less CO2.

That's one group's assessment of the theoretical change on atmospheric
CO2. But that wasn't my question. Assuming your figure is correct,
what would be the net global effect on humanity if it changed its
behavior enough to reduce atmospheric CO2 by 2%? What would be required
to achieve that result? For example, Would all of mankind have to stop
using fossil fuels as a energy source? Where would we get a substitute
energy source, or would we have to revert to the Seventeenth century
technology? Would climate conditions be more, or less favorable, to
mankind? What effect would it have on agriculture? On transportation?
On communications? On modern-day creature comforts? What effect
would the necessary reduction in technology have on mankind? Would the
average standard of living improve, or degrade? Would more people get
proper nourishment, or would more starve to death? What effect on the
spread of disease, etc.?