Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default A microwave question

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
news
This is a 10 or 12 year old Panasonic micro.

In the middle of heating several different things sequentially it suddenly
quit working.

But not entirely. The clock worked and the light worked. The timer counted
down as usual but there was no heating and the turntable didn't rotate.
While I was contemplating replacing it, the wife said she slammed the door
and it started working again.

Maybe some thing was loose. I pulled the cover and did a visual inspection
and everything looked tight and in place.

Is this behavior indicative of a microswitch not getting activated?

Perhaps a bad switch or the interlock parts have become worn. The switches
look replaceable, the plastic parts of the latching and interlock
functions were probably made for that particular model and are unique.

Charlie

Door interlock not working properly can causse these symptoms. May need
adjusting or replacing. May have worn actuator parts.

Don Young