Kent Frazier

Default CAUTION about varifocal lenses (was Bifocals)

I am with you on this. I bought a pair of this type but they were poorly
made. I asked this question originally to find an optical shop that was
competent
Kent
"Pep674" wrote in message

straight lines are curved, you have to wiggle your head around all the
time to focus, you have to point your head at the moon to focus on
something really closely

When I grew old enuf to need bifocals I got mine in the "Executive" style.
That is the strong part of the lens was on the bottom 25-30% of each lens,
straight across. Great-I don't have to move my head much.

I let an "authority" talk me into getting a pair of standard bifocals (len

is a
circle). Money pooooorly spent. So the "Executive" lens is a tad

heavier, my
nose caan stand it..

Paul in AJ AZ