Andy Asberry

Default Found a BackHoe

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:42:43 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

That's too low of hours for a 25 year old machine. (less than 100 hours per
year) My first ? would be has the hour meter been replaced, always
connected? Of course, you won't get a straight answer. You gotta buy an old
machine on condition.

My dad owned one. Great machine. The shuttle tranny went out on his and cost
a fortune to repair. If the hoses are original (most likely) I'd replace
them all/ Its a total PITA to replace one every time it ruptures in the
middle of a job.

I was weaned on a 4020. Did you know they sold for about 8K new? Green paint
never looses its value.

Karl

There are some low time tractors out there. My '81 bought new has less
than 400 hours. Mow a little, dig post holes, drag the drive, etc.