Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Window sill material

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 19:03:46 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

What if kids touch it, and put their hands in their mouths?

Won't hurt them a bit.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard since a Bush press conference two
weeks ago. Congratulations.

Who told you to say that? I need links to research. Now.

And the truth is probably in between. How much of the PT chemical will you
pick up on your had if you touch it? Once dried for a time, I'd say very
little. Are there cases of poisonings from just touching? Do you have any
links to research?

There is, in fact, at least one case that APPEARS to be from straight
contact, poisoning. Of course, that was a set of lumber that turned
out to have an order of magnitude more CCA than the industry standard.
The lumber in question was described as "oozing".

Generally, to have a noticable health effect from treated lumber,
you have to eat it, burn it, or use power tools on it without
a breath-mask in a closed environment. The worst predictable effect
from skin contact is dermatitis.

I s'pose its possible that the stuff in more dangerous than
I think it is, but if so, you'd think that the web-sites
of people pushing the meme would point to better evidence
than they do. When you have to hunt all over the planet
for horror stories, it's kind of hard to take the threat
seriously.

--Goedjn