Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default framing basement with 2x3's...PT baseplate???

I want to frame my basement with 2x3 to save some space in certain
areas. I know this is fairly common, but since using pressure treated
as the baseplate is standard practice for basement work what does
everyone else use for the baseplate when framing with 2x3's??? HD or
Lowes don't have PT 2x3's. I can't imagine most people rip their own
PT 2x3 when doing this. Am I missing something?

2x3's are carried by the HD here in VA. Very common here. Depending on how
many you need, ripping doesn't sound off the wall (no pun intended)