Posted to alt.home.repair

Default framing basement with 2x3's...PT baseplate???

wrote in message
ps.com...
I want to frame my basement with 2x3 to save some space in certain
areas. I know this is fairly common, but since using pressure treated
as the baseplate is standard practice for basement work what does
everyone else use for the baseplate when framing with 2x3's??? HD or
Lowes don't have PT 2x3's. I can't imagine most people rip their own
PT 2x3 when doing this. Am I missing something?

Have you tried a lumber supply company? They usually have a bigger
selection than the home centers. If they don't have it, they can probably
rip it down for you. While there you should compare prices for all of your
lumber needs and take a look at the quality of their inventory.