Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window sill material

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:4_kHh.101$Ah.85@trnddc07...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Apparently, concerns were enough to rebuild quite a few playground,
removing all the PT lumber.

That is not conclusive of anything. People often panic about chemicals
for no sane reason. About a year ago, it was discovered that a school
here in CT has asbestos ceilings. The school was evacuated. Yes,
EVACUATED when this was found out. Not even closed at the end of the day.
The school is 75 years old and has been continuously used all those years.
Does that make sense?

There is one, and only one definition for testing chemicals that people will
be exposed to. It involves exposing the people to the chemical in question,
under controlled conditions. We (theoretically) do this with medicines. It
cannot be done with things like wood treatments, pesticides, etc.
Therefore, the only safe option, especially when kids are involved, is to
avoid contact.

Incidentally, we *do* know a bit about arsenic.