RogerN

Default Found a BackHoe

I went to look at the backhoe and it wasn't a 580C, it says CASE, 580, CK,
and Construction King on it. I didn't look at the hour reading but it looks
pretty worn and has a lot of leaks. The engine is a small looking 4
cylinder. The loader had been broken in a couple places and welded back
together. The foot petals with the diamond knerl looking tread was worn
almost flat, in all, it looked like too much wear for only only 1906 hours,
perhaps 7906? I jotted down the number on a plate on the frame, it was
4177962. I figure he must have thought the 79 was the year, but I think it
looked more likely a 62. The backhoe bucket had holes in it, rusted through
I guess. The hoses going to the backhoe had the outer layer of rubber
coming off around where it swings left and right. All in all, I wasn't
interested in that machine for $7500, I have seen 580C's that looked much
better for not much more money than that. If I can get the $$$ together, I
would like to get a newer one, perhaps the 4wd version.