Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

In article .com, wrote:
On Mar 6, 7:40 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Will"

wrote:
What caused the end of the last ice age? If there were animals around then,
was global warming caused by the animals doing too much farting and thus a
rush of CO2 was released into the atmosphere and vola global warming began.
Eighty percent of all CO2 that is released into the air today is caused by
methane from livestock.

This 80% figure may or may not be correct -- but surely you must acknowledge
that while livestock flatulence is not the direct result of human activity, at
least some of it certainly is an *indirect* result.

I'm still trying to figure out how that methane contributes to the CO2
in the atmosphere. Does OP go about sparking cattle farts?

Well, I'm a little puzzled by that too -- my best guess is that CO2 and
methane are probably released simultaneously when a cow farts, and the OP is a
little confused about the exact mechanism.

My point was that it's not accurate to regard livestock emissions as being
unrelated to human activity -- surely there wouldn't be nearly as many bovines
on the planet were it not for human agriculture.

--
Regards,