Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] tom_murphy@comcast.net is offline

Default HVLP sprayer

On Mar 6, 10:10 am, (RM MS) wrote:
Thank you very much, Tom, for an honest and informed opinion. Yes, I was
expecting some overspray, no matter what they claimed, and would be
working with the wind accordingly. The tool you showed was not the exact
one I saw- the blue one with the cup underneath, a motor unit about like
size of a coffee can, and 8' of 1"hose.

You're most welcome, but it appears that my "honest and imformed
opinion" was about the wrong tool!! The unit you're looking at is
similar to ones that Rockler, Woodcraft and others carry. These are
clearly quite different from the conversion guns that I was talking
about. I don't know anything about them and it's hard to get any
information from the website, but they DO operate at MUCH lower
pressure, which is very likely to dramatically reduce the overspray.

I'd say it's worth a look, and if you're worried about the quality of
the HF unit, consider the similar item from Rockler. It's more
expensive at $99.

Tom