Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default i forgot the formula...

"Leon" wrote in
t:

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"Oughtsix" wrote in
news:1173137542.180010.274000@ 30g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

The formula is E = MC^2.

But a 2 3/8" hole saw will usually make a 2 3/8" diameter hole. The
radius will be 1 3/16 and the circumference will be 1 3/16 x 3.1415

pi * d = circumference, no? (2 3/8 * 3.1415) ?

Patriarch

Actually, the diameter, what he asked for, is the width of the hole, 2
3/8". I guess he assumes that the diameter of the hole that he drills
with a 2 3/8" hole saw will be different because of the kerf.

The OP asked a different question than Oughtsix tried to answer. And
Oughtsix has been out of geometry class for a while, so I tried to correct
that.

Do I still not win?

BTW, Leon, nice square jig in ABPW today.

Patriarch