Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Satellite dishes

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:58:46 -0000, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...
|!
|! I would recommend getting a Sky Digibox (not a Sky+ box!) and (if you
|! like watching C4 or C5, it's the only way to get them via satellite at
|! present) a Freesat from Sky card.
|!
|! This will enable you to use Sky's EPG which makes things very easy.
|!
|!When the BBC/ITV launch Freesat later this near there will be a non proprietary
|!EPG. When that happens it will be worth considering a non Sky satellite PVR, -
|!though at the moment they are expensive.

The only important channels which are not Free To Air and require a $ky
box are Ch4, Ch5, and Sky3. all Beeb and ITV Channels are Free To Air and
can be received with generic boxes. See http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm
for channel information.

See sig
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -