Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Glass Tabletop

Steve B wrote:

wrote

Should I go with the non-tempered, or should I look around for
tempered because of the safety concerns?

A non-tempered piece of glass can kill you. Or your wife. Or a child. Or
anyone who just happens to hit a shard the right way.

If this is not enough of a concern to you, but cost is, buy el cheapo
non-tempered glass.

You can always have more kids, and you don't like your in-laws that much
anyway. Right?

Steve

Patio sliders are notorious because people walk or fall through them.
My son had a close call with glass from storm door when neighbor child
broke the glass. With small children around, I would put plexi in storm
door.

We have a table with glass top which is tempered. Not thick plate, as
it is supported by wood. Perhaps the thick plate can't be tempered?

We had glass cut to use as backsplash behind our cooktop. After
cutting, the shop sent it back to the factory to be tempered.