Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Need to fix old valve radio

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 4 Mar, 23:28, wrote:
...and lastly, the radio has not been used since the last time I
tested
it about 10 years ago. Then it worked fine, no I tested it again and
suddenly there is this problem. It is entirely possible that it was
knocked (I hope not dropped) while in storage, but there is nothing
visibly broken, and all the valves do glow.
BTW, I tried removing the valves one by one and seeing if one valve
did not "make a difference", but this approach did not work, any valve
removed results in no sound at all.

Schematic now available, at

I thought I was following this thread but I'm wondering if I lost something
along the way.... the pictures/schematics shown in said website, are they
for the radio (Lafayette brand?) that this post was originally about? Was
this radio made by Air King/sold under Lafayette? Or am I presuming the
radio to have been a "Lafayette" due to the name of the poster?

By the way, thanks for the info... Though "I" didn't need it, I collect any
decent info I find - just in case.