Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.electronics
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default 50 Dying batteries: Can they be shorted by cardboard if humid enough?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:

Homer J Simpson wrote:

"Radiosrfun" wrote in message

Batteries in bulk are usually pretty cheap. At our local store, I can
buy
a 4 pack for a $1 - batteries I use often with no issues. OR I can
buy a
12 pack for a $1, which I HAVE had issues with - leaking. Price
doesn't
always dictate quality, but sometimes - it does.

I can buy an 8 pack for $1 here. They're good. The fake Energizer 12
per
pack are total crap.

'Fake' Energisers ?

Do they have 'fake' written on them ?

Graham

Yes, they do if you know how to read. Cheaper construction, lighter
materials, paper labels instead of silk-screening. It all says "FAKE"
loud and clear. US customs impounds tons of the crappy things every
week or so.

Graham,

Maybe you've not seen them, though they may not say "Fake" in writing, they
ARE "packaged" to look like a brand name. If you didn't look at them
closely - you would buy them "assuming" they are "brand name".
The ones I've seen, were IDENTICAL to Duracell.

There is a HUGE market out there for Knock-offs. Batteries, clothes,
watches, CDs, you name it - there is probably one for it.