Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HVLP sprayer

Put me down as being pleased with the Fuji Q4. Not only for quality,
but for service after the sale.

I use my Fuji for ALL of my fine finishing, and I use an assortment of
other guns - some conversion, some high pressure, depending on what I
am doing.

As mentioned, there is a curve, not only on the spraying, but on the
coating mix. With HVLP, you mist on the finish, as opposed to (I
still miss the old days, damnit) atomizing your finish into subatomic
sized particles with high pressure.

I never cared at all that a good high pressure gun only got 35%
material delivery on target. I like spraying high pressure because
that is what I learned. There is something wonderful about standing
in a cloud of overspray knowing you are making a great finish.

However, I don't miss taping off everything within 30 feet of my spray
area, and my clients don't mind the fact that I am not fogging their
house and neighborhood with finish. With the gun tune properly, I can
literally spray a door in one bay of a garage and not get anything on
the junk in the other bay. With high pressure, I only sprayed
outside.

Search this group for HVLP and application procedures. There have
been some really good discussions on both.

Robert