Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

In article , Bob Schmall wrote:
wrote:
Please continue your thought. One scientist cannot be right
because....

thousands of his peers are right. Does it make sense to agree with one
scientist just because he fits comfortably into our personal political
ideology?

No more sense than supposing that scientific truth can be decided by majority
vote.

In fact, this morning's news reported that China's current explosive
growth may soon make it the world's leader in CO2 emissions. Does this
mean that we can now blame the Commies?

Well, yes. Obviously.

Yes, there may be a valid case for non-human causation, but that does
not create a dichotomy--either one or the other. Maybe there is more
than one cause for global warming

Probably so.

and human causation is understood much
better than non-human, that's all I'm saying.

Probably not.

Let's get real and admit our part in the whole thing; the enormous
weight of scientific evidence points to human beings as one cause of
global warming. All we can control is ourselves, all we can correct is
what we've caused.

One cause, perhaps... but not the only cause, nor even necessarily a
significant cause. One major volcanic eruption puts more stuff in the
atmosphere in one day than we humans can put there in ten years.

--
Regards,