Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Low Level Cistern - Connect Overflow to Flush Pipe

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:57:34 +0000, Franko wrote:

When I fitted my cloakroom out a few years ago, the only option I had for
the overflow was to run it about 8 metres through my lounge.
I ended up drilling a hole in the top of the soil pipe and feeding the
overflow, incorporating a u-bend directly into this and sealing with
silicone - topping up the u-bend with water to create an air lock.
Afterwards I thought that the water in the u-bend would soon dry up and I
would forever be smelling the contents of the drain through the cistern but
we've never smelt anything and I've only topped the trap up once !

Maybe you've got an overflow that's keeping it topped up and because you
haven't fitted a tundish you can't see it!

Call me a cowboy - but here goes ..................

yeee - haaah!